Spanish olives and mediterranean herbs naan
- 20 pc (60 g) Sliced black OLIVES FROM SPAIN
- 10 g Dry Mediterranean herbs mixture (oregano, basil, thyme)
- 300 g Refined flour
- 1.5 tsp yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 10 g Salt
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 3 tbsp Curd
- 2 tbsp warm water
Preparation time:20 minutes
Level of difficulty:Easy
- Mix 2 tablespoon warm water, sugar, and yeast in a small bowl. Cover and keep in a warm place for 10 minutes or so till the mixture rises.
- Sieve wheat flour and salt together. Add curd, the mixture of yeast and combine. Knead into smooth, elastic dough and no longer sticky.
- Keep the dough in a large bowl covered with a lid in a warm place for 2 hours or more till the dough rises and doubles in size.
- Punch the dough and then knead on a floured surface for 5 mins until smooth and elastic.
- Tip the dough onto a floured surface, divide into 6-8, then use a rolling pin to roll each into a 20 cm circle.
- Scatter the olives and herbs in the centre of the dough circles. Brush a little water around the edges, then roll again to seal in the filling and make a tear shaped bread.
- Melt the butter and brush on both sides of the naan. Cook on a hot oven at 220ºC or in a tandoor until golden and puffy.
- Smear butter, cut and serve as an appetizer or with curry.