- 30 pcs (120 g) Green OLIVES FROM SPAIN
- 50 g Whole Urad Dal
- 50 g Bengal Gram/channa Dal
- ¼ tsp Asafoetida
- 50 g White Sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Ghee
Preparation time:25 minutes
Level of difficulty:Medium
- Heat 1/2 tsp of oil and roast urad dal and channa dal together until they turn golden brown.
- Heat another 1/2 tsp of oil and roast red chillies. Then add hing in the end and roast for a few more seconds and switch off the flame. Leave it to cool.
- Dry roast sesame seeds and curry leaves.
- Then grind the dal coarsely and keep it aside.
- Grind red chillies with salt, sesame seeds and curry leaves to a fine powder. Gunpowder or mulagapodi is ready.
- Heat ghee in a pan, toss olives in it. Now add the gunpowder, stir well for 2 mins. Transfer to a bowl.
- Serve on room temperature.