Green Olives from Spain chopped in chunks
Pineapple, finely chopped
Red chili powder
Whole dried red chilies
- First you grind coconut, cumin seeds, mustard seeds and green chilies to a paste with very little water.
- Now in a pan add pineapple, turmeric powder, red chili powder, sugar, salt and 1 cup water. Cook the pineapple for 10 mins or till the pieces are soft.
- Add the coconut paste and boil for a few more minutes till coconut is cooked and the curry is thick.
- Remove from heat and whisk in yogurt.
- Prepare tempering. Heat coconut oil in a small pan. Add the rest of the tempering ingredients. Once the mustard splutters and onions is golden pour it over the pineapple pachadi. Stir and serve with rice or appams.